Post Top Ad

loading...

Saturday, 26 May 2018

Moët Chandon, Bernard Arnault Fete Roger Federer

Moët Chandon, Bernard Arnault Fete Roger Federer
Mimosa Spencer
STAR STRUCK: Anna Wintour is not the only figure in the fashion industry to be enthralled with Roger Federer — count Bernard Arnault, too. In a speech honoring the tennis legend, a brand ambassador for Moët Chandon, the luxury titan's trademark poise gave way to boyish enthusiasm. Describing a match, he simulated the player's focus with narrowed eyes and animated hand gestures. He had to say it, and he did, finally, with incredulity: "You're a living god!" Guests were relaxed and elegant, snacking on seabass sushi with large gold goblets of Champagne in their fists. The Pavillon Ledoyen, Yannick Alléno's historic restaurant in a grassy meadow at the bottom of the Champs-Elysées, was decorated with wildflower bouquets; candles flickered from their bamboo cages while a woman sang jazzy renditions of songs like "American Boy." The Swiss tennis man took in the praise with aplomb, explaining that he still felt like the young player in the short film that had just flashed by on the wall behind him — a succession of trophies and hairstyles collected over the years. He recalled his first win. "When I won in Milan, I thought at least I have won one title in my career, at least I succeeded in something." Yannick Alleno's

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...
RSS Feed

Fashion 3

IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment