Sarah Jessica Parker, Fashion Crowd Attend New York City Ballet Fall Gala Misty White Sidell "I'm so lucky I'm in New York tonight and not at the shows in Paris — this was cooler. I can see all those shows on the Internet and I don't know if you could see this. Even if you saw a picture of it, you wouldn't see how genius it is," stylist Mel Ottenberg quipped at Thursday evening's New York City Ballet Fall Fashion Gala. The annual event, this year marking its sixth iteration, sees choreographers paired with fashion designers. Together, the creative couplings produce a new work that is often experimental in its costuming and choreography. Thursday's pairings — organized by gala cochair Sarah Jessica Parker — included Tsumori Chisato and Justin Peck; Jonathan Saunders and Troy Schumacher; Off-White and Gianna Reisen, and Monse's Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia with Lauren Lovette. Guests taking in the visual spectacle included Hari Nef, Kate Young, Rebecca Hall and Nicky Hilton Rothschild. Dancers exit their curtain call, dressed in costumes by Tsumori Chisato. Clint Spaulding/WWD For Lovette's piece, "Not Our Fate" — which redressed ballet convention by including same-sex romantic pairings in its movements — Monse created a small, monochromatic army of lace-up bodices and handkerchief skirts. Monse's Garcia said: "I loved how all of the designersFollow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook. Read More... | | Fashion 3 | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment